Are you looking for a growth opportunity that will set you apart in terms of leadership and interpersonal skills? Do you want to develop as a leader and get paid for it? Orientation & First-Year Programs is now recruiting students to be 2015 Orientation Leaders!
As a part of this valuable internship experience, you will:· Lead and facilitate groups of 15-25 students during Orientation
· Train and supervise a group of 12-20 Welcome Week Leaders
· Develop your leadership style through collaboration, flexibility and real life experiences
· Work in a dynamic, fast paced, engaging environment
· Make $3,500 compensation along with room and board during Freshman Orientation
“I worked with such an amazing group of people and had the opportunity to make a positive impact on the first-year students. I couldn't have asked for anything more and it was honestly one of the best summer's of my life.” Keighly—former Orientation Leader
Time Commitments:· Spring Semester meetings every Wednesday from 3:30-7:30 p.m.
· Freshman Orientation: May 26-July 17, August 26-September 1 (subject to change)
· Welcome Week: September 2-7
To apply:· Apply online at: http://www.ofyp.umn.edu/ol and due Monday, November 10
· Attend an Information Session to learn more about the position.
Presentations run every 15 minutes!
o Monday, October 20th
§ 3:00-5:00pm CMU 323
o Wednesday, October 22nd
§ 11:00-1:00pm St. Paul Student Center 108
o Friday, October 24th
§ 12:00-2:00pm CMU 324
o Monday, October 27th
§ 10:00am-12:00pm CMU 323
o Wednesday, October 29th
§ 5:00-7:00pm Appleby Hall 127